Sacking Service Chiefs Not The Solution To Insecurity- Pastor Adeboye

The General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said that removing the service chiefs cannot stop the insecurity in the country.

Adeboye spoke at the RCCG, Parish The Throne of Grace, Ebute-Metta, Lagos, during a Thanksgiving service with the theme, ‘Victory over marital storm’.

Speaking to journalists after the service through the Assistant General Overseer, Administration and Personnel, RCCG, Pastor Johnson Odesola.

He said, “I believe the service chiefs are working and aside from those that have attained their retirement age, they have been studying the situation of the country in terms of security and would have some plans they are working on. If they are just changed, the new service chiefs would have to start all over again.

“I believe in good succession plan whereby those to replace the current service chiefs would learn from the incumbents and only need to continue from where they stop.”

Also at the service for the thanksgiving was the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Gani Adams and his wife.

He said the country would only make appreciable progress after getting it right in leadership.

The reverred monarch said religion should not be an issue in a civil society, using the United States of America as an example of managing diversity.

He stated, “I am a Muslim by birth, but I came to worship in a church with my wife as I have worshipped in many churches. I enjoy every bit of the service led by a cleric that has been serving God for over 40 years. With the prayers following every problem he mentioned, it is a new turn in my life.”

Gun Men Kill Six People At A Catholic Church In Burkina Faso.

A group of gunmen burned down a Catholic Church during Sunday Mass and killed at least six people, including a priest, in the west African nation of Burkina Faso this morning.

The attackers reportedly burst into the church, located in the northern town of Dablo, and started shooting at the beginning of Mass, around 9 am local time.

France 24 cited a security source who said there were “some twenty to thirty armed men” involved in the attack. The gunmen are as yet unidentified.

A government official told the BBC that the militants also set fire to a nearby shops and a health center. Dablo’s Mayor, Ousmane Zongo, said the town is “filled with panic” and that citizens are “holed up at home.”

The people of Burkina Faso have suffered an increasing number of terrorist attacks in recent years from Islamic jihadist groups including al-Qaeda affiliates. Authorities said five teachers were shot to death in a separate attack on Friday.

The government in Burkina Faso declared a state of emergency in several northern provinces last December because of deadly Islamist attacks, including in the region where the assault on Sunday took place, Reuters reports.

Sunday’s attack is the second on a Catholic church in the area this year; four died after an attack on a church in a nearby village in April. In addition, attackers targeted a Protestant church during the same month, killing six including the priest.

Last week, two French soldiers died during a successful attempt to rescue two Frenchmen, an American and a South Korean who had been kidnapped and were being held in that very region.

In 2017, Pope Francis offered prayers for the people of the country after gunmen opened fire in a Turkish restaurant in the capital Ouagadougou, killing at least 18 people and taking hostages before police ended the standoff.

Forget “Woman Matter”, If You Still Ask Your Parents For T-Fare – Nairabet Owner Tells Men

The Founder of Nairabet and the newly elected member to represent Egbeda/Ona Ara at the Federal House of Representatives, Mr Akin Alabi gave a Sunday “sermon” to men on his Twitter page.

He tweeted:

“The focus should not be looking for a woman that will share in your sufferings. The focus should be finding out ways and working towards getting out of the suffering, then find a woman to grow with.

“When you get out of suffering and you can afford basic things like food, clothing, and shelter, you can look for a woman to build with. I’m not suggesting you should be Rich first. I’m saying get out of suffering. You don’t even like yourself as you are, don’t add someone else.

The energy on “woman matter” or “husband matter” is too much. That stage when you are still asking your mom for N500 transport fare is not the point when your energy should be on searching for a woman. Search on ways to better yourself first, he added

Most Nigerian Graduates Cannot Write Their Names – Prof. Benjamin Okaba

A senior Nigerian lecturer with the Federal University , Otuoke in Bayelsa State, Prof. Benjamin Okaba has accused Nigerian graduates especially those from private institutions of not being able to write their own names.

Professor Okaba who teaches Sociology in his school said some students would recopy questions set for them during examination and submit back for marking.

Prof. Okaba said students who are mainly youths, lack “reading culture” in them.

He made the statement at the 2nd annual leadership lecture and graduation ceremony of the 2nd set of Centre for leadership School, Effurun-Warri Study Centre which held in Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.

He said most students are interested in “lnstagram” , watching of “African Magic” and “Social media” rather than studying to acquire the necessary knowledge.

Prof. Okaba also blamed the failed leadership in the country as the cause of “poor educational system in the country and poor allocation of funds to universities.”

He therefore enjoined the youths at the event to take up the challenge of making Nigeria proud by focusing on their academics and entrepreneurship to make themselves useful in the future.

According to Prof. Okaba,” Entrepreneurship programmes is very important aside your degree in economics.”

He also encouraged the leaders to create the enabling environment for the youths by patronizing and encouraging them to succeed.

I Removed My Womb To Live A Normal Life -Nollywood Actress, Nse Ikpe-Etim

Popular Nigerian actress, Nse Ikpe-Etim has revealed why she have to remove her womb at a point in her life.

The beautiful actress, who spoke at an event in Lekki Lagos State tagged ‘Conversation with Nse’, said she removed her womb to live a normal life.

According to The Nation report, Nse was diagnosed three years ago with Adenomyosis, a condition which makes the inner lining of the uterus break through the muscle wall of the uterus. Nse had no other option but to remove her uterus as advised by medical experts so she can stay alive and live a normal life.

“I was told I couldn’t have kids, so, I had to have a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) to make me have a life again and to stop going through what I was going through.

“I’m literarily telling women and men, it really doesn’t matter if you can’t bear children. What really matters is what you would do for the world, for the universe.”

“The day I was informed I had to remove my Uterus tears dropped and then my husband squeezed my hand. It was reassuring there was someone there and it was telling me that this is reality, my reality.”

I didn’t think there was any point anymore because my society taught me that I have to be a mother to be appreciated and every time I went online, I would have one troll or two say ‘you never born?’

“But I’m thankful that that didn’t break me.”

“I’m thankful for Nollywood. I push my pain through every single character.”

Prior to the hysterectomy, I badly wanted to have children.

“I wanted a set of twins. I wanted children. I wanted so badly I was brooding forever. I did IVF. I did everything our society wants every woman to do so that we can be accepted as women,” she added.

Iran may attack Israel if U.S. standoff escalates: Israeli minister

An Israeli cabinet minister warned on Sunday of possible direct or proxy Iranian attacks on Israel should the stand-off between Tehran and Washington escalate.

The United States has increased economic and military pressure on Iran, with President Donald Trump on Thursday urging its leaders to talk to him about giving up their nuclear program and saying he could not rule out an armed confrontation.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, which supports Trump’s hard tack against its arch-foe, has largely been reticent about the spiraling tensions.

Parting with the silence, Israeli Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz said that, in the Gulf, “things are heating up”.

“If there’s some sort of conflagration between Iran and the United States, between Iran and its neighbors, I’m not ruling out that they will activate Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad from Gaza, or even that they will try to fire missiles from Iran at the State of Israel,” Steinitz, a member of Netanyahu’s security cabinet, told Israel’s Ynet TV.

Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad are Iranian-sponsored guerrilla groups on Israel’s borders, the former active in Syria as well as Lebanon and the latter in the Palestinian territories.

The Israeli military declined to comment when asked if it was making any preparations for possible threats linked to the Iran-U.S. standoff.

Israel has traded blows with Iranian forces in Syria, as well as with Hezbollah in Lebanon and Palestinian militants. But it has not fought an open war with Iran, a country on the other side of the Middle East.

(By Dan Williams)

Nigeria Would Have Gone Far, If It Had Tapped From Biafran Technology – Tsav

Former Commissioner of Police in Lagos State and an elder statesman, Abubakar Tsav, has blamed poor leadership in the country and the refusal of Nigerian governments to tap from Biafran technological prowess after the civil war as the cause of Nigeria’s poor developmental growth.

Alhaji Tsav stated this in an interview with Sun newspaper, he said: “I only pray that people who are coming now are those who have the interest of the people at heart and are God-fearing; they are not just there to make money, but are there to serve the nation.

“Since the end of the civil war, we have not been progressing as a nation because during the civil war for instance, when the Biafrans were confined to their territory, they had no option than to device a means of survival and they were able to manufacture bombs, mines, refine petroleum products, and other technological feats.

“If we had accepted them, by the time the war was over, by now we would have gone very far beyond where we are today; we would have been technologically advanced.

“We never attained that because we are not united, we are corrupt and selfish. If we had tapped the ingenuity of the Biafrans, those inventions, etc, Nigeria would have been far ahead than what we are today, but unfortunately, corruption came in because everybody wanted to make money for himself; that is why we are in this sorry state now.

“Through corruption, people are making so much money that they don’t know the number of houses they have, and that is why we are still struggling that we cannot produce ordinary toothpick in this country; we cannot produce handkerchief in this country. All these things are imported from different countries of the world. It is a big shame indeed.”

Model rejected for scholarship due to size of her thighs

Only moments after she had crushed her audition for a prominent dance program, young Ilianna Ayala was shocked when her teacher asked if her parents could pay for the program.

She believed there was not a change she would not get in after her work — until she saw the judge’s odd disposition.

Ayala was then informed that she would not get the scholarship not because of her skills or commitment but the size of her thighs.

In an interview with HelloBeatiful, Ayala recalled the incident.

“The teacher pulled me aside later on and was telling me how great I was I could tell she was pleased with how I was moving in the audition,” said Ayala.

Which was why Ayala was understandably taken aback when the teacher’s next comment was:

“Unfortunately we can’t give you a scholarship due to your thighs.”

“She pretty much like said she can’t give me the scholarship because of my size,” reported Ayala.

Over a decade later, the same story would stay with her as she looked into the modeling industry.

She shared how when she entered into a modeling competition with retailer Ashley Stewart — she did not think she would win.

“I didn’t think I would win,” she said. “But I entered just hoping that I’d have a chance to represent women that look like me.”

And despite having thousands of followers who asked for details on her hair and makeup, Ayala believed her chances were not great.

“My following was growing. I was a natural hair influencer. I wasn’t taking full body pictures or anything so yea I did not think I was gonna win,” she said.

But she did win — and was quickly signed to True Model Management after.

“It’s been amazing in the beginning I was very doubtful more so of myself because this is something that I never thought I would be doing,” Ayala admitted.

But despite the voices in her head that said she could not do it — she continued to take full advantage of the opportunity, crediting her training as a dancer to not quit.

“You’re always going to hear no, especially going to auditions and everything that really helped me when it came to modeling,” she explained.

“I love dance so much I knew I was good so I could have let that break me then and there and stopped dancing but instead I went to another school and started dancing there looking back at it I’m just glad that didn’t break me,” she went on.

“When it comes to casting a lot of people think you’re automatically going to get the job because a brand thinks you’re pretty but you’re up against so many other women and its possible that you’ll get a no,” she shared.

“Some girls will be in a funk about it but I knew from dancing and constantly hearing those “no’s” and occasional “yesses” that okay this may be a no but I may get a yes with another brand.”

It was that same attitude that allowed for her to show up for beauty castings despite the industry turning a blind eye at plus-size women.

“I would go to casting for other beauty brands and legit think they’re not gonna choose me for the simple fact that I’m plus-sized now that I am in the room like with Covergirl or Buxom Cosmetics and I’m just glad because makeup is a huge industry and I feel like all women should be represented in that.”

While working at MAC Times Square at the ripe age of 19, she was exposed to diversity in the beauty industry.

“I really enjoyed that and the artistry. I got to play with makeup and what girl doesn’t like that? I got to learn a lot and I owe MAC a big thank you because they grew me into the artist I am today. I legit worked with so many people from all different kind of all walks of life, MAC is super diverse there was people that looked like me.”

Sadly, not many of those people have the opportunity to be featured in advertisements that defined the brand’s character.

“Honestly, plus size women are not seen in beauty brands,” she shared.

“I really, really hope that more beauty brands are aware that plus-size women can do beauty. We are beautiful.”

(By Amelia Finefrock.)

Ladies Build Yourself, Always Have Something To Bring To The Table – Former BBNaija Housemate, Uriel Oputa.


Former BBNaija housemate, Uriel Ngozi Oputa, known as ”Uriel Music star” on Instagram has charged women to build themselves so as not to depend on any man.

She revealed that she runs three businesses and queried why it’s a problem if a woman is not yet married by 27.

She also revealed that if food actually keeps a man like many believe she would have had three kids by now.

Uriel was responding to some questions posed to her by a supposedly fan.

Below is a screen shot of their conversation.

2019 UTME Result Is Out, 34,120 Withheld, JAMB Registrar Weeps Over Malpractices.

The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board has released the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results.

The results of the April 11 and 17 university admissions tests which according to the board was delayed due to investigations into suspected cheating.

At a press conference in Abuja on Saturday, the registrar of the board, Ishaq Oloyede, said the results of 1,792,719 candidates were released.

About 34,120 results were withheld because investigations were still ongoing, he said.

“Today, we are releasing the results of 1,792,719 candidates. Some 34,120 results are being withheld including the results of 15,145 candidates being further clarified as identical twins and siblings,” he said.

He said 1,886,508 candidates registered for the exams across the country. The number includes candidates who registered at foreign centres.

“Out of this number, which excludes the Direct Entry candidates, 59,667 were absent. A total of 1,826,839 sat the UTME,” he said.